The m2 AAD.
This AAD is very well established and a recognised brand within Europe. The manufacturers have been making Automatic Activation Devices since 2003 with the commercial release of their MPAAD (Mars Parachute Automatic Activation Device)
A 15 year and 15,000 jump maintenance free life expectancy makes this waterproof (up to 2m) AAD a cost effective solution!
Their most recent development is the m2 AAD which has already had several documented cases where the units have saved the lives of the skydivers.
- 15 year & 15,000 jump maintenance free life expectancy.
- No battery changes in product life cycle.
- Waterproof up to 2m (great for pond swoopers) in both fresh water and salt water.
- Available in a 'Student', 'Tandem', 'Experienced' or 'Speed' version.
- Simple Operation.
- X-Mode for advanced operation.
- m2 Units have a unique Gravity Index read out.
The m2 is waterproof in both fresh water and salt water at a depth of up to 2 meters for 24hours. It has a replaceable filter (replaced by your rigger) which must be changed if water reaches the filter itself.
Using X-Mode allows the user to 'step-up' the device mode e.g. from Expert to Speed mode. Note that X Mode is unavailable for Tandem set AADs.
The m2 doesn't require that you send it off for servicing or maintenance, and the battery is expected to last 15 years \ 15,000 jumps.
Gravity Index shows the user as a percentage how close the last jump came to activating the device. (Great for those wanting the reassurance when starting to swoop that it won't trigger during a high performance turn)